• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content of CHM file not visible on some computers (RH2019 Classic and Win10)

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2019 Classic to compile CHM help files (HTML Help) and some users are unable to see the content. They get a Windows message that the Publisher is unknown so I suspect that Windows is blocking the content but am not sure how to correct it. I previously used RH2015 and didn't experience this issue. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

What happens is they get this dialog.

image.png

If they deselect the check box they will stop getting the warning. The reason they are getting it is, I believe, because they have downloaded the file from somewhere rather than it being installed as part of a program installation.

I don't know why it is happening and did not in earlier versions. Was it delivered in a different way then?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when they click Open?

Also, please use the Insert Photo icon as many people won't download attachments for security reasons, and a forum bug means we need to close the topic and reopen it before we can reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens is they get this dialog.

image.png

If they deselect the check box they will stop getting the warning. The reason they are getting it is, I believe, because they have downloaded the file from somewhere rather than it being installed as part of a program installation.

I don't know why it is happening and did not in earlier versions. Was it delivered in a different way then?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Amebr and Peter Grainge for replying to my query. We cleared the checkbox on the security warning and then we could see the content. I sincerely appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp