Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contents panel search not returning entire results list

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have noticed in RoboHelp 2020 (version 2020.8.34) that, when I do a search in the Contents panel, RoboHelp does not return the entire list of results. I have a very large project, and a search that should return 207 topics only displays 50 topics. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of topics that will appear in a Contents search?

Thank you for any insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a merged help project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is standalone, and not merged or linked with any other projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look in the forum for other threads that talk about search & update 8 - there may be issues, but I can't recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I remember seeing any other posts about search in the Contents panel in RH.  Can you provide a few examples of what you're searching for, what you're seeing and what you expect? Perhaps we can figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm searching for a group of topics that all begin with the same words (example: Present within...) and then have differentiated portions after the homogenous beginning. When I search for Present within I see the first 50 of the 207 topics I know exist, in alphabetical order by Topic Title, but the scroll/list ends before I get 1/4 of the way through the topics that should be seen in the search, if it was returning a complete results list. It seems as though the RoboHelp Contents search has a display limit, and does not take the important step of informing the user the entirety of their search results are not able to be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And you see the same issue with other searches, not just this one? It could be possible you're hitting a special search keyword (within) which is causing weirdness, but that's just a wild and unproven theory.

If it's other searches as well, I think you'll need to go to Adobe Support. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated Robohelp team. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp