• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help issue after upgrade

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded from RH11 to RH20.  We use .chm files and the Context Sensitive Help was working in the application using RH11.  However, after the upgrade the Context Sensitive Help is not working in the application.  Pressing F1 in the application only brings up help on the initial display, but not on any of the other displays.  This was previously working using the old version of RH.  I looked at the Map ID report, Topic property info which showed the map name and ID, and looked at the upgraded map files (former .hm files) and did not see anything that looked incorrect.  Our RH project had probably 20 different .hm files and all appeared to be converted to the new file type.  Any suggestions on what could possibly be the issue?   We did upgrade a different project for a different application and the Context Sensitive Help works for that application.

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the output preset to make sure all the map files are selected for the output.

(I only have access to RH2019 at the moment, and there's no field to select the map file for Microsoft HTML Help output, but I'm going to assume that's fixed in RH2020...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The map files are not part of the preset and were not in the Classic SSL. The ID is set in the topics and the project map file(s) gets built into the CHM is my understanding. Please correct me if wrong as my CHM knowledge is limited.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, I did not see a place to select the map files when generating the output.  We do have multiple TOCs got this project.  Does the Topic have to be in the TOC I select when generatingthe output?  Based on reading through some things in this forum I believe it does.  I am not in the office today to check if that could possibly be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Topic have to be in the TOC?

Definitely yes but it doesn't have to be visible to the end users. See RH2020 The Table of Contents (grainge.org). It's all explained there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The map and alias file definitely used to be used for map ids in chms. I had to work closely with a developer years ago to get it working with a product. I'm sure it used to be possible to select the map file to use but it's been years. (And interestingly, the HATs used to manually include the alias file in the chm, as that information normally can't be recovered if you need to decompile the chm. So they included the ali as an emergency backup.)

You used to be able to double-check the map files and alias file were correctly referenced in the hhp file, but I don't know where that file exists in new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp