• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

controlling output appearance of glossary terms

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 2019, with an indigo html5 skin.

My glossary terms in the output are identical to the cross-ref links and hyperlinks (blue, underlined). I went into the css to specify a different color but to no avail. I right-clicked on a gloss term in the output and did 'Inspect', saw this webkit-based code:  

[user agent stylesheet

a:-webkit-any-link {
color: -webkit-link;
cursor: pointer;
text-decoration: underline;]

I then looked for the 'user agent' style sheet, nada. Looked for 'webkit' in the css, nothing found. 

I tried adding the following under <style> to change the color to lime green:

}
a.glossterm:active {
font-family: 'Calibri Light';
color: #00ff00;
border-width: 1px;
border-style: none;
border-color: #00ff00;
border-left: 0;
border-right: 0;
border-bottom: 0;
}
a.glossterm:hover {
background-color: #ecf4fd;
}
a.glossterm:link {
}
a.glossterm:visited {
}

</style>

Didnt work. Any advice on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

You want to change the look of the glossary terms in the topic content, correct? You should edit that in your topic stylesheet under Hyperlink Styles. just modify the a.glossterm entry to start with, then change the pseudo elements (active, etc) once you have the basic text sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to change the look of the glossary terms in the topic content, correct? You should edit that in your topic stylesheet under Hyperlink Styles. just modify the a.glossterm entry to start with, then change the pseudo elements (active, etc) once you have the basic text sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a similar issue with the glossary terms set to show as tooltips in the Frameless output.

We have the a.glossterm in the topic stylesheet set to show the glossary term as blue with bold and italics applied, which applies correctly when we publish glossary terms as expanding text. But when we publish the glossary terms as tooltips, the terms appear in red with italics applied. Is there another setting that we need to change? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to find out what style is controlling the settings for the tooltip style link. To do that, in your browser, right-click on the text and select Inspect, or Inspect Element. This will open the developer tools window for your browser. The right-hand panel will show the styles; and usually the first style listed is the main one controlling the element you selected. 

Once you find the style, add it to your stylesheet. Any settings you use  *should* take precedence for anything set wherever the style is coming from. However, if you find some setting isn't being overridden, you can append the !important keyword to force it (post back if you find you need this and don't know how to do it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp