• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying styles from Topic CSS into Main CSS - Robohelp 2022

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a Word file that contains all of the styles that I want to use for my project.  I've also created a css for this project (I called it SampleKEES.css) and a .wsf file (also called SampleKEES.wsf).   I am looking at the instructions from

https://www.grainge.org/RoboHelp_Tour/rh2022/authoring/importing_linking.htm for reference on how to do this.  I get the Word file imported so I see the htm file and I see the topic_css that Peter's instructions talk about.  The instructions below say to "cut it fromthere and  paste into your main CSS.  How do I "cut it from there"?  Do I right click on something and choose copy and then go somewhere else and choose paste?  I just don't understand where it's directing me to go and what do when I get there. 

This is the part in his instructions that I'm getting stuck (specifically "you can cut it from there and paste into main CSS" in the below paragraph)  Any clarification would be good. 

"In the image under Paragraph Settings above, you will see CSSTest could not be mapped so the setting was "Import Word Style". That style will have been created in <word_doc_name.css>. You can cut it from there and paste it in to your main CSS. If that was the only style in <word_doc_name.css> you could delete that CSS and the topic would still show correctly.

You then repeat that for everything in <word_doc_name.css> until there is nothing left and the file can be deleted."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

You open both CSS files and switch to code view using the Source (</>) button.  You can also open the CSS files in an external text editor if you want. Then you can copy the styles you want to keep from the imported css to you main css.

A style consists of the style name plus one or more properties within curly brackets. It looks something like this:

p.myparastyle {

font-size: 14pt;

color: #000000;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open both CSS files and switch to code view using the Source (</>) button.  You can also open the CSS files in an external text editor if you want. Then you can copy the styles you want to keep from the imported css to you main css.

A style consists of the style name plus one or more properties within curly brackets. It looks something like this:

p.myparastyle {

font-size: 14pt;

color: #000000;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What she said.

Importing depends very much on the quality of the document. Too many people make a Word document look good but using various and inconsistent methods. Garbage in etc.

Depending very much on the document, sometimes it can be quicker to paste the content in as unformatted text. Either paste the content into a text editor or paste it in using CTRL Shift V. Images will have to be pasted separately and tables would be an issue. This is more for if importing gives big problems.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Amebr and Peter.  Both very helpful and I feel raelly good aobut CSS files and importing Word files into RH 2022 AND copying styles from CSS to CSS.  Huge thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp