• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a help system for android and IOS phones

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a quick lesson on creating an android or IOS help system with Robohelp. I am use to creating Windows CHM help systems in Robohelp. 

Please tell me what project type to select and build under?

Can I view it on the PC with the phone layout? 

What is the file extension for the android help system after compiled? 

Thank you in advance for your answers.

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Android application file extension after compiling will be .apk

Let us know your version of RoboHelp and we'll be more specific. While the process is fairly simple, a beginner will want to understand the different requirements by Android vs. iOS and whether you will be distributing the .apk file for a "captive" group of users (e.g., employees) to install, vs. posting on Google Play or Apple iTunes (Apple tends to be a bit more complicated)

You should also take a look at Adobe's Phonegap site to learn more about  the process. 

In the all new Adobe RoboHelp 2019 these are the two main screenshot examples of Output Preset configuration:

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Newport, Oregon

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John -

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am currently using Robohelp 2017. I will be updating it to the latest version shortly. I do pay for robohelp. 

In regard to an android and IOS help file, do I need an account with adobe phone gap?

For now I would like to get it to my Android Asus phone by transferring it over via usb cable. Is that possible. 

I am currently compiling it as a Responsive HTML file. When I transfer it to my android phone, it only display the title correctly.

Please reply regarding the above questions. And again, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope nothing said implied that we thought you had a pirate copy.

You don't need to pay for PhoneGap. See this page on my site that explains how you access PhoneGap and the differences between Android and iOS apps. Basically you can copy the APK generated to Android phones by whatever means you like and install it. For iOS you need a developers licence.

Where I am confused is you are asking how to copy the app created to your phone and then asking a question about what you are seeing, as if the app is already there.

Once the app is in a folder on your phone, you tap on it and it will start to install. You might get a warning that your settings don't allow apps not from the Playstore. If you do, you need to change your phone settings. Set them back afterwards for maximum security.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - Thank you so much. I do apologize for my lack of knowledge on this. 

I will create the phone gap account. Here are my two questions if you do not mind:

1) Will the android help file have an extension of APK? 

2) In robohelp 2017, should I select HTML 5 Responsive Output project type? I do not see one for Mobile App.

Thank you in advance for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No apology needed. It's what the forum is for.

See the tutorial. 🙂

At the end of the process of creating the app, you will be prompted to download it. Right click in the Output tab to create new outputs. Mobile will be listed.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter - I will definitely read the tutorial. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp