• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Breadcrumbs trail in word

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr @Peter GraingeI am trying to set up a breadcrumbs trail when generating the word document. I have already managed to set the breadcrumbs trail correctly in the CHM. 

This screen shots are for the word settings. Do you have any suggestion how to do it? 

Thanks in advance

Ori35784153gdxz_0-1710231895579.pngOri35784153gdxz_1-1710231936884.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word documents and PDFs can be viewed online but print is what they are about. Breadcrumbs are for online documentation. How are you expecting them to work in a printed documentation format?

As you are new to the forum, may I ask if you are also new to RoboHelp? I ask as CHMs still have a use but they are very dated. Microsoft have not updated the compiler that is used to create them for some twenty years.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes I am new to RoboHelp but the company I work at is using CHM for many years now. 

I would like to include the breadcrumbs trail in the header for each chaper and subchapters based on the ToC, similarly to the CHM format, but without the hyperlink functuanlity, only static breadcrumbs trail such as Home > etc > etc.

The style mapping screenshot I have added gave me a hope that this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps time to suggest their user experience is overdue an update. 🙂 

I have never seen anyone ask for that so I don't believe it can be done from RoboHelp. If you Google "breadcrumbs in Word documents" there are methods that can be applied after you create the document. They look fairly complex. Here's one.

BreadcrumbBar - Windows apps | Microsoft Learn

Let us know how you get on.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. Naming users when you reply to posts is fine but when starting a thread, it can limit your replies. Other users may have an answer. 🙂 I hope they would nonetheless wade in but you never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the source, it does look complicated but at least it seems like it can be automated:) good news. 

Thanks for the help and it will be great if other users can join in and suggest a different solution.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp