• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Multilevel List Style in RoboHelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create my list to look like this and can't figure it out. Please help!

alumact011020.jpg

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Please do the following to make it easier.

1. Open any topic for editing
  2. From the toolbar on the top, you will find 3rd button saying multilevel list
  3. Select the first one. This will add a style called "AlphaNumeric" in your css file
  4. Type text for different levels so that you are comfortable that you are getting different list style for different levels
  5. After this you have to edit this style to get what you are looking for.
  6. For that the screenshot pasted above is the right place. Just have you are editing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

You have marked an answer Correct but it seems there is an outstanding issue with no dot appearing after the number. Correct?

If that is still an issue go to the Format field where it shows <x>. You should be able to add a dot after that.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI or Classic? All up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I'm unsure how to check that. I just purchased the product a few months ago and have been slowly working on a knowledgebase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > Updates will give you the patches that have come out since the initial release; post a screenshot of your RH screen to figure out if you're using the Classic version or New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's updated now, thanks. Here's the screenshot.

adoberobohelp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely the New UI - you want to use a multi-level list. Try looking at the RH Reimagined sample project or Peter's site - http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm#t=rh2019%2Fauthoring%2Frh2019_lists.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed his site but it's not helping with my any of my problems yet. As seen below, I'm in my default.css trying to edit my numbering. In the preview, it won't even add a decimal after the numbers. I'm confused.

defaultlist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the regular lists function - Peter talks about a multi-level list icon to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the following to make it easier.

1. Open any topic for editing
  2. From the toolbar on the top, you will find 3rd button saying multilevel list
  3. Select the first one. This will add a style called "AlphaNumeric" in your css file
  4. Type text for different levels so that you are comfortable that you are getting different list style for different levels
  5. After this you have to edit this style to get what you are looking for.
  6. For that the screenshot pasted above is the right place. Just have you are editing ol, you have to edit ol.AlphaNumeric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is very helpful! Do you know why the decimal isn't showing up for my numbered lists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this thread. I had the same issue and I'm trying to figure it out as I'm learning.

@VivekKumar, I tried the multi-list option and here's how my numbering looks (see images attached). . I don't know why it appears this way. It appears that way in the default.css too. Please advice!

Double-numberingDouble-numberingcsscss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr has pointed in the right direction. Multiple li looks like the culprit. I will suggest you take a backup of default.css file and then delete the 3 li styles just above ol.AlphaNumeric. Or if you can share your default.css then we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably to do with the multiple li styles defined. One or more of them probably have a list style set, but I think that should be controlled by the ol and ul styles only. It's hard to say though, without knowing how and why they've been set up (and the reasons may date back to super old versions of RH that had quirks and hacks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultlist011520.jpg

This is my default.css > ol.AlphaNumeric

I can't figure out why my decimal is not showing in my numbered list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have marked an answer Correct but it seems there is an outstanding issue with no dot appearing after the number. Correct?

If that is still an issue go to the Format field where it shows <x>. You should be able to add a dot after that.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Peter. Vivek helped with one of my issues so I marked the answer correct. Thank you for helping with my decimal formatting issue - it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp