• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critical error of Source Control Provider

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue mentioned before with no resolution, but I'll give it a try:

My team has RoboHelp 10 using Microsoft Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012. When we open an RH project through version control and publish it, we get an error message: “Critical error of Source Control Provider. Please restart IDE”. However, we can just close the pop-up and the publishing continues without fail. Subsequent publishings while the project is open doesn’t get the error message, but if we close and reopen, the first publishing gets the message back.

Why would that error message appear just once, and why is it critical if the connection to the server is not broken and there is no other problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the project CPD file and reopen. Do you still get the issue?

Is there any more information in the error message?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the CPD file but when I reopen the project it comes back. I even selected the "Clear project cache (.cpd) before opening any project" option in RH Tools. Even with a smaller CPD file I get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

CPD file is a "Cache Project Database" file. It helps with RoboHelp HTML functions. There is no way to do without it. The thing is, sometimes one needs to "clear" it by deleting it. Once it's gone, RoboHelp will bake up a fresh one on the spot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I've been having the same problem for months, and have just entered this as a bug report (11/1/2013).Your suggestion did not work for me. I deleted the CPD file, opened the project from Source Control, and generated the WebHelp. The critical error dialog box still appears.
  • The dialog box also gets hidden behind the RH window. To see it, I reduce the size of the window, enabling me to grab the dialog box and click OK.
  • The error does not impede generation of the Help. However, the Generating message box (success/failure dialog is not fully active--"Click View Result to view: index.htm"--until you click OK in the error dialog box.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I continue to get the same problem, and there is no additional information in the dialog box.

critical.png

During troubleshooting sessions with Adobe TCS Support, I've deleted the CPD file a few times. That has not solved the problem.

Furthermore, after closing the message box, I can continue to generate SSLs, but cannot check any files out of Source Control (Visual Studio & TFS 2010) until I close and re-open RoboHelp (currently RoboHelp 2015).

My environment is Windows 7 Experience SP1, 64-Bit, 8-GB RAM. Same problem occurred with 32-Bit OS and RoboHelp 11.

We're seeing the same error when we double-click a skin in the Skin Editor. In some cases, after closing the message box and making a change to the skin, RoboHelp crashes when you try to save the changes.

CriticalErrorSourceControlProvider.png

Thanks.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled and found this Microsoft article suggesting a corrupt Windows user profile. Perhaps it will help?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949534#/en-us/kb/949534

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'd seen this article. However, since my hard drive crashed a couple of months ago and had to be rebuilt, with a new profile, and since this problem has been occurring for well over a year, I don't think this is the solution. I believe there is some faulty behavior between the Provider and RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I've been having the exact same problem for a year. My coworker (same setup) does NOT have this issue. It seems to be centered on my setup. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still waiting to see if anyone has a solution to this. Not Adobe, Microsoft, my IT department or anyone else can get close an answer on this. Dealing with it now for two years. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp