Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS headache importing from RH2017 to RH2019

Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm testing a trial version of RH 2019, updated with update 14.  I currently use RH 2017.

When I imported my project from RH 2017 to RH 2019 (new UI) I received an error on the css file.  When I opened the project and generated it, all of my numbered lists did not have any formatting.  The css error did not give me any indication what the problem was and so far, this is the only issue I've found.   I reviewed the css and determined the style name for numbered lists is "rh.list.Numbered-multistyle".   I am unable to edit the numbering or anything for this style.  I could open it in a CSS editor and edit it, but I'd rather have a cleaner css. (i.e., because I'm not confident in my css abilities)

When I imported my project from RH 2017 to RH 2019 (Classic) I did not receive the css error and the generated project looks okay.

I have 2 questions:

How could I easily get rid of the "rh.list.Numbered-multistyle" style, create a new numbered list style and apply it across all files?  Could I do a find and replace?

How can I clean up the css file?  How do I know if a style is currently in use?  There's a lot of junk in there, I think.  (again, not confident in my css abilities, so it's somewhat messy)

TOPICS
Classic , New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, did you go RH2017 to RH2019 UI in one step? IIRC it's recommended that you do RH2017 -> RH2019 Classic -> RH2019 New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, did you go RH2017 to RH2019 UI in one step? IIRC it's recommended that you do RH2017 -> RH2019 Classic -> RH2019 New UI.

oops. No. I'll try that to see if that clears the error (and a few other things I had to go back into and fix!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not easy questions to answer but let's try.

How could I easily get rid of the "rh.list.Numbered-multistyle" style, create a new numbered list style and apply it across all files?  Could I do a find and replace?

I would hesitate to do a find and replace as there are many parts to a list style. Given what you say about your skill level, I think I would suggest the only safe way is to create you new list style, select an existing list and click the Clear Formatting icon, then apply the new list style. Try it on one list to start with. The issue would be how many lists do you have in how many topics? Just a rough idea.

How can I clean up the css file?  How do I know if a style is currently in use?  There's a lot of junk in there, I think.  (again, not confident in my css abilities, so it's somewhat messy)

The Find and Replace tool you see at the bottom of the left panel can help you here. Select that and set it to search the project in code view. Enter the name of a style exactly as it is written in the CSS file and search. If nothing is found, then it is not in use.

Backup the CSS file before you start. Also in the short term I would comment out the styles you think are not used. You do that by adding /* before the style and */ after it. As below, TableText would not appear in your list of styles but it could easily be reverted.

/* P.TableText {
font-size: 10pt;
margin-top: 0pt;
margin-bottom: 3pt;
font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;
color: #000000;
padding-left: 2pt;
} */

Hope that helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thank you.  I actually tested the find/replace it on 2 files and it worked okay. But, unless I can review every single file for errors, that's probably not a the best way to manage this. 

I will also try your method, that's a good idea. 

I've been using RoboHelp for a few years now (even with Zoom!) but I was quite unprepared for the amount of work and time required to manage this upgrade.  I still haven't reviewed the word/pdf file conversion and considerations to the CVS storage system we use.  😞  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp