• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize a Mini Toc

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RoboHelp 2019 (2019.0.14) - not the Classic version. I see in the RoboHelp User Guide that you can customize a Mini Toc. It says: "Click the Mini TOC placeholder to set its properties." 

However, when I do as instructed, I get a warning that: "It is read only content"

Any ideas? How can I customize the Mini TOC?

Thanks.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

When you click in the Mini TOC you should see the options in Properties on the right. Change Contents and other settings as required. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is meant is that you can customise the styles in the CSS.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, it displays a header (the word "Contents") and headings 1-4. I want to remove the word "Contents" or change it to something else and only display headings 1-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think those changes are possible but to be sure I need to know which skin you are using.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Indigo Blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant "Azure Blue"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click in the Mini TOC you should see the options in Properties on the right. Change Contents and other settings as required. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH2020.7.46 and the Frameless layout.  I added this top-of-the page Mini-TOC as a workaround to my problem described here. But Frameless has an existing right-panel Mini-TOC (in desktop mode) which is great.  But I only want my top-page mini-TOC to show in "mobile view" (when the right-panel mini-TOC disappears).  Can I make the top-page Mini-TOC disappear in desktop mode, but re-appear in "mobile view" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to inspect the output to work out if there's a div or something around your mini-toc and add that to your stylesheet with display none. Then figure out the code required for the mobile view, add that to your stylesheet and set that to display block. (Assuming there's a convenient div, otherwise you'll have to add your own div so you can set it to hidden.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amebr.  I added the following CSS which solves my problem:

.minitoc {
  display: none;
}

.RH-LAYOUT-BODY-mobile-view .minitoc
 {
  display: block;
}

However, when I "generate output" RoboHelp changes the above CSS to the below CSS (which no longer works!)

Why is RoboHelp altering my CSS file when generating output?!

.RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL-topic-box .minitoc, .RH-LAYOUT-FOOTER-container .minitoc {
}

.RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL-topic-box .RH-LAYOUT-BODY-mobile-view .minitoc, .RH-LAYOUT-FOOTER-container .RH-LAYOUT-BODY-mobile-view .minitoc
{
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you adding this change to the CSS? In the code view or as a separate CSS file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a separate CSS file (the one that contains my edits for project formatting etc.).  I even tried a second CSS file with just the CSS statements above to see if that would help, but RH still modifies the CSS file when generating output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about just copying it in after generating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to use this template for mulitple client-projects, each with frequent updates.  So it would be nice to click upload and be done each time, rather than manually fixing the CSS file all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's changing it because it expects a certain structure asnd needs to make sure the css doesn't inadvertently affect other areas of the layout, I think.

See if this works (I just switched the centre panel and mobile view classes around - I assumed the first bit works as you didn't specify what did and didn't work):

.RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL-topic-box .minitoc, .RH-LAYOUT-FOOTER-container .minitoc {
}

.RH-LAYOUT-BODY-mobile-view .RH-LAYOUT-CENTERPANEL-topic-box .minitoc,  .RH-LAYOUT-BODY-mobile-view .RH-LAYOUT-FOOTER-container .minitoc
{
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the first bit was the part that did NOT work. The mini-TOC would not disappear in full desktop mode.  Nevertheless I tried something similar to what you suggested and it still did not work.

RoboHelp keeps modifying my desired CSS (when generating the ouput) so it no longer works as intended.

After I get some sleep, maybe I'll read this support topic, and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try your code tonight and see what I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put the code I suggested into a custom css in the skin (under user assets) it won't be changed and should work. I'm not sure that's the recommended way to do it, but as a hack it seems to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Amebr!  That seems to be working.

For others unfamiliar with User Assets, I found this topic to educate myself on where to add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp