• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted RoboHelp Files Continue to Show Up in Search

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted specific files from a RoboHelp project (deleted from project files and TOC). When I generate that project and search for those deleted files, they continue to show in the search. Do those files need to be removed from another folder, too? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

Do they show in the Topic List? If not when you generate it should clear the target folder, if you publish they don't get deleted there.

I am also wondering if it is a cache issue. Use the browsers Refresh or press F5.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter:

I am using RoboHelp version 12.0.2.384. I have cleared the browser cache and even closed/reopened RoboHelp and it still shows. The deleted files do not show in the TOC, but if you search for specific keywords that were in those deleted files, the deleted files show in the search. Additionally, if you click on that item in the search it open that supposedly deleted file! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't responded to my question about the Topic List.

Try generating to a different folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter:

No, the files do not show in the Topics list.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK try the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp