• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a Topic Folder?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated output for my RoboHelp project and need to make some changes to the structure. How can I delete a topic folder? When I right-click, the delete option is sometimes grayed out, and so is the delete option in the Project menu.

Other times, it isn't grayed out, but when I click delete, I get the following message:

RoboHelp Screenshot Deleting Topic Folder.JPG

Maybe moving (dragging) all the content out of the folder FIRST is an important step? So I tried doing this. I'm trying to delete the Annual_Reassessment_Event_Overview_files folder (see below).

RoboHelp Folder to Delete.png

So I started moving some of the content out and into a "parent" folder. I successfully moved all the content, except for the image gif. But now the image gif is broken, and I can't move the unbroken version of it that's still in the folder. When I do, I get the following message. Should I overwrite the file? If I do that, will that fix the link? Will I then be able to delete the Annual_Reassessment_Event_Overview_files topic folder?

RoboHelp Can

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Odds are you would be fine in overwriting the image. But just to be on the safe side, I'd want to double check the images in Windows File Explorer to ensure that they aren't different images that happen to be named identically.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

I moved the files up out of that folder, overwrote the files, and then was able to delete that folder. There are some other folders I'd like to delete (all the ones below). I don't believe that they're actually visible once I generate the output.

It appears that RoboHelp automatically created these folders to hold the gifs. Can I move the gifs OUT of that folder and still keep them? Or do I need to keep all the _files folders visible below in order to hold the gifs, even though they're not visible in the output?

RoboHelp Folders I want to Delete.JPG

Captiv8r​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

If memory serves, these _files folders may be created by virtue of importing content from Microsoft Word. That's a common thing to see when you take a Word document that has images and you save the document as an HTML page.

Unless some other aspect of your project is referencing something in these folders, they should be safe to delete. Although it's possible to use Windows Explorer to delete them, You only ever want to delete them from inside RoboHelp. If you aren't able because the option is disabled, it generally means that as far as RoboHelp is concerned, something is in use inside the folder. Same goes for deleting the folder perhaps outside RoboHelp and RoboHelp insisting on re-adding the folder.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to suggest you check your Unused Files report to ensure the images or any other files in those folders are not still used somewhere in the project.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp