Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable topic "jumping" in TOC

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019.0.12

1. Folder 1 and Folder 2 in the TOC of my output both contain the identical topic called "How To."

2. "How To" resides in Folder 1 in the project files, but is also TOC'd in Folder 2.

3. When I click on "How To" in Folder 2 of the TOC, the TOC placement jumps to Folder 1.

How do I keep the users place in the TOC at the topic they clicked (ie., Folder 2)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten around that by making the topic content a snippet & putting it in 2 "shell" topics so that they maintain their spot in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like an anomaly to me. This never happened in past
releases of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Yes, this is definitely a workaround.  I don't think this is the way the product was intended, is it?  Past versions did not act this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Jeff, this will nto work for me, since the topic itself needs to have the same title, regardless of the snippet it contains. You cant have two topics with the same name. To me, this is an anomaly that Adobe needs to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr,

Bug logged RH-7728

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that may be a longstanding issue as I recall Rick Stone often suggest a fix.

In the second location you create a new topic with no content. Instead in the head section you put in a redirect in the head section code. How is covered in my Merged Help topic in Section 5 - Add the Redirect. I know this in not merged help but the method is the same.

I suggest though that you follow Amber's link and report this as a bug. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I get around it by having similar, but unique file names - e.g. \Inventory\Sales_Items.htm and \POS\Sales_Items_POS.htm - I don't care that they have different filenames - it's what I call them in my TOC that counts for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp