• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display TOC by default

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Default pane set to "toc" and Show TOC set to "true", however when I generate and view the layout in a desktop screen, the TOC is not open by default, I have to first click on the TOC icon for it to open. I would like to have the TOC open by default when viewing the output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Desktop Sidebar section in the editor, there is a setting to choose whether the sidebar should be open or close by default. Is that set to true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Desktop sidebar opened value is set to "true".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try setting it to false, save it and set it back to true? It may be that the settings and the actual script are out of sync.

If you show the sidebar, close the browser and open again, does the TOC then show up by default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the value to false, saved it, and then set it back to true. Still upon initial view, the TOC is not open by default. However, to your second point, I showed the sidebar, closed the browser, then opened again and the TOC did show by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try adding the Layout to the project anew under a different name? If you use the newly added skin to generate your help, does the sidebar show then? (Without modification to the layout.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow-up, but I have decided to go with a different layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have the same issue. I can control the TOC to show by default, but I need it to ALSO be OPEN by default.  I guess this is not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty old thread. What version of Robohelp are you using? If 2019, is it Classic or New UI? Which output are you generating, and which skin/screen layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 Classic. I am generating Responsive HTML5. I tried adjusting the width with this, but it didn't seem to have any effect: 

.RH-LAYOUT-LEFTPANEL-container {

min-width:25rem;

max-width:25rem;

I would also like to be able to have the TOC open by default.  Can't seem to control that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you found those settings in a thread related to a frameless skin in 2019 New UI. Sorry but I don't have an answer for responsive layouts.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using context sensitive help, then that would hide the toc panel by default and you would need to click a text link (in the top right in Azure Blue or Charcoal) to open the toc.

Is this what is happening for you? If so, have a look at "Calling Help" on Peter's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp