Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display TOC for entire help

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and creating WebHelp. The help is context sensitive and that is working. When the user clicks the help icon on a page the correct help module is displayed.

However, I'm wondering if the entire TOC could display and the context sensitive module's help display as open in the TOC and the correct page still display. I'm seeing that the user has no way to get to the entire help's TOC.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a "Show" link in the top right corner of your CSH-launched topics. There was an issue with what was being launched in one of the releases of RH2015 IIRC that was causing the whole TOC help to display instead of just the topic in its frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the Show link you refer to. Here's what my help looks like when I click on the help icon on a screen in the software.

I did not include the Chrome header and URL line. I have a master file where I merge the help projects. How would that affect the entire TOC as well as the context sensitive help for each module?

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks awfully odd. Is this by chance a Merged setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to merged set up. I have a Master Project where I then merge the separate module projects.

What is odd looking about it?

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect Jeff was getting at the fact that only one book is showing in the TOC but now you have added this is a merge setup, that will be the reason. It looks like the call to the topic is being made direct to the child project.

It needs to be called in a particular way so that the whole help opens and displays the context page. That's for your developers. See Calling WebHelp Topics

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed that was what I was pondering. It looked to me as if what is being shown is only the TOC for a child project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. It is showing only the child project help. I'm reading Peter's article on Calling WebHelp Topics. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp