• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I Have All the Menu Items

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something? I've been having real issues with my project and none of the online help seems to work. They're talking about things that I'm not seeing. Like they were talking about how to edit a master page and the showed this icon about where to find master pages. I don't have that icon. I am using Rh 2022 and these are the meni items I have:

menu.png

do I have everything I'm supposed to have, and if so, how do I find the master page to edit, because believe me, I've looked everywhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2022 they are called Topic Layouts.

RH2022 Topic Layouts (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take a look at Peter's site (grainge.org) to compare against (I don't have RH2022 to check right now). His RH2022 tour has some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but unlike Peter, I don't have Master Page in my project toolbar.

project toolbar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't. Please read my earlier reply. They are no longer called master pages.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, gotcha. Solves that issue. Unfortunately it appears my problems are far bigger than just that then. I am so stressed over this project, I think I may just start over from scratch, that way I have a blank page to work with. I appreciate all your help, I know it can be aggravating to walk newbies through  the process, especially when they don't read all the way through. Guys like myself who have been a techical writer for years sometimes think we should know all this stuff and only half-heartedly apply ourselves when it comes to learning new things. Hubris is a dangerous thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently can't even spell technical correctly. Now I know I need to step away for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help when the official help is wrong and you have to know to look at a third party site for the correct information. 🙂

Things will seem better after a cup of tea and a biscuit, I'm sure. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here to help newbies and old stagers alike. Create another thread or more with the issues.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked out the online help issue. When you open the help you are given country options. Choose US to see the correct version.

I have alerted Adobe to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked the US option, but the help stil talks about master pages. (the release notes page is new, but the actual help content is not correct.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, under Left panel it's still Master pages. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/workspace.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was looking at this from a more general angle as this is not the first report of the help being out of date.

I have now also alerted Adobe to the reference to skins and master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp