• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does RH2019 have RH2020 functionality as well?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own RH2019 (this is not a subscription-based install) and I remember when I installed it, it gave me the ability to work in the RH2019 interface as well as RH2020.

I have a project that I am working on which I started in RH2019 and would like to switch and convert a copy to view and edit in RH2020. 

I can launch the 2020 interface using samples included in RH2019 for RH2020; however, I can't find a menu item in the toolbar or otherwise to open an RH2019 project in RH2020. 

Any guidance would be appreicated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

2019 came in two versions, Classic and New UI. It sounds like you started in 2019 Classic and want to use the new UI. In your Start menu you will find RoboHelp 2019 (the new version) and RoboHelp 2019 Classic (the old version).

Open 2019 (new) and there is an option to upgrade your Classic project. It creates a new project so your old Classic project remains usable in Classic.

It couldn't have given you an option to work in 2020 for the simple reason it didn't exist. 

Both versions are des

Votes

Translate

Translate

Windows Start, bottom left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

I think one is 32bit and the other is 64 bit. 

Similar UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 came in two versions, Classic and New UI. It sounds like you started in 2019 Classic and want to use the new UI. In your Start menu you will find RoboHelp 2019 (the new version) and RoboHelp 2019 Classic (the old version).

Open 2019 (new) and there is an option to upgrade your Classic project. It creates a new project so your old Classic project remains usable in Classic.

It couldn't have given you an option to work in 2020 for the simple reason it didn't exist. 

Both versions are described on my site. RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Gods have spoken. Thank you for your response. Huge fan of your work and guidance on the help community for a couple of decades. I have attached a copy of my Starter page. I don't see the option the New Interface. 

I have been working in the classic only. For instance, even I start a new project, it automatically defaults to the Classic interface. 

Thank you for correcting and pointing out there was no RH2020 at the time of the RH2019 release. I have inadvertently been associating the New Interface synonymously with RH2020.

Thank you for your assistance and look forward to your guidance.

RH2019 Starter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Start, bottom left. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter.

That solves a puzzle that was driving me insane. I wonder why Adobe didn't integrate access to both interfaces (Classic and New) in one RoboHelp Starter page?

Including images below for any other user(s), so they can keep their sanity.

Is the RH2020 version of the New Interface quite different from the RH2019? Or is it pretty much the same? 

Thank you again.

RH2019_NewInterface.pngRH2019_NewInterface_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one is 32bit and the other is 64 bit. 

Similar UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp