• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download not automatically starting - RoboHelp 30-day trial

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trial.pngWhat could be the reason that the download doesn't start automatically? There is no option to manually start the download for Windows. I'm trying to install the RoboHelp Trial version so I can learn how to use it. Please help 😞
Does the software work on win 7 OS? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is not part of the Creative Cloud and according to this page it runs on Windows 7.

Versions of Windows and MS Word compatible with RoboHelp (adobe.com)

I don't believe that has changed for the current 2020 version of RoboHelp but I will check that with my Adobe contacts.

Maybe the downloader has an issue with Windows 7. I will ask about that too.

Your screenshot shows a dialog with a Save button. How long have you allowed for the download to complete? it's a pretty big download.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for trying to help me out here. The dialog box is just a part of the "how to download" guide on the webpage (it's not an actual dialog box). Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I used Firefox and I did receive the download prompt. After the installation, when I tried to launch the program, there seems to be an issue. It is frozen at this screen (below), the program doesn't open. Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try closing it and then opening it again. That was a problem in one version.

If that does work, then apply the updates before you go any further. You cannot update from the initial release (2020.0) using Help > Check for Updates. Go to https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html and download the latest update. You only need to apply the latest as it includes the incremental changes. Once you have applied a later update, Help > Check for Updates will work in the future.

Post back when you have tried that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp