• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down text is already opened when i view help (HTML5 RH2017)

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys and girls and everybody else

I'm using drop down text boxes quite extensively, to Show / Hide lengthy field descriptions tables. They're a great way to remove screen clutter and hide info which some may not need and which may be glaringly obvious to other users. 

Trouble is, more often than not, when I view the published help files, they are already expanded, showing the abovementioned lengthy field descriptions tables. (TOP TIP: My workaround has been to annotate all of the drop down links "Show / Hide field descriptions table" so it looks like I've done it on purpose 🙂 )

I've tried various things to get them to close, including physically closing them and re-opening the help; checking they weren't "expanded" when I last saved the page or published. And a few freaky things involving chicken sacrifices and dancing naked in the garden at midnight. But all to no avail. 

Has anybody else experienced this issue and is there a fix? Am I doing something wrong when I create drop down text items (They mostly contain tables)? 

Answers on a postcard pls.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an experiment, does the same thing happen when you generate WebHelp? (You've also made sure your RH2017 is totally up to date first, right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What method are you using for Show/Hide? In addition to the built in method there are scripts on my site and the underlying javascript allows you to set whether they open contracted or expanded.

I think this has been asked before so a search might turn up something.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff.

You're right1 Webhelp worked just fine! (Does that suggest what the problem might be in RHTML5?) Sadly my boss and the customers love the indigo HTML5 interface and apart from that Ive got it nicely set up. 

I'll check my RH is up to date now.... 

update: it was/is

Best 

JV 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp