• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown HTML is exposed in project

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this yesterday, can't imagine what I could have done to make it happen - all my dropdown HTML content is now visible in the project, without having to doubleclick on the underlined link to open the dropdown edit box. When I doubleclick on the links, the same content is also still in the edit box.

The output doesn't display dropdown content by default, so all is well there, so far.

Has anyone else seen this?

Can I / should I delete the exposed copy of the dropdown content?

Any ideas whether a product update caused this? I checked release notes, couldn't find answers there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Figured this mess out.

It happened again just now, when I tried to Create PDF (from the Review banner) on a single topic, using the option to expand and include all dropdown HTMLs in the PDF. That topic then expanded out the dropdowns as described above.

So, after I screamed a little, figured it couldn't hurt to try generating the PDF again, with that option de-selected. And, luckily, it reverted the topic display in Project Manager to the correct behavior - dropdowns are hidden until I click on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the CPD file and then reopening the project?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is selected to delete it every time I log out of the project, but sure, I'll delete it manually and give that a shot. I'll try anything once.

Result: Nope, no joy. Still seeing exposed DHTML text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project with me? See the Contact page on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured this mess out.

It happened again just now, when I tried to Create PDF (from the Review banner) on a single topic, using the option to expand and include all dropdown HTMLs in the PDF. That topic then expanded out the dropdowns as described above.

So, after I screamed a little, figured it couldn't hurt to try generating the PDF again, with that option de-selected. And, luckily, it reverted the topic display in Project Manager to the correct behavior - dropdowns are hidden until I click on their links. Checked other topics, and so far, so good.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what version of RH you're running...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is RH 2017 SP1 (had to revert to SP 1 from SP2 to address another bug. Fun times,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is RH 2017 SP1 (had to revert to SP 1 from SP2 to address another bug. Fun times,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm missing something here. From what you say RoboHelp is just expanding the dropdowns so that they get into the PDF in accordance with your settings and next time you open the topic, the dropdowns are not expanded..If my reading is correct, that is rather what I would expect.

When you send any HTML page to a printer (not just RoboHelp topics), you get just what is displayed so RoboHelp is displaying the content because you have effectively told it to. It then remains open until you close the topic.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the original post:

all my dropdown HTML content is now visible in the project, without having to doubleclick on the underlined link to open the dropdown edit box. When I doubleclick on the links, the same content is also still in the edit box.

This made topics incredible unwieldy to work with - all dropdown content was exposed without clicking on it. I use DHTML extensively so this was miserable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understood that when you create the PDF but was it still the case after closing the topic. Next time you opened it, was the dropdown content still visible before you clicked the hotspot?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, topics still displayed expanded HTML in Project Manager after generating the PDF.  Could not get them to hide again. Not only that, inconsistent results when trying to edit any of that exposed HTML. Sometimes it ended up disappearing completely.

Back when this first happened, I ended up having to install RH on my virtual machine clean, and restore a backup, to get back to before the display issue. But now I know what caused it, so may be able to switch back to my local installation and regenerate PDFs with that option deselected, see what happens... local is quicker, so crossing my fingers.

And before you ask, NO, not working on RH on a network drive. My virtual machine is a local c: install on that server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm!

I just created a project and put in a dropdown. Then I went to Review and created a PDF with the Include option ticked. It did not expand the dropdown in the editor. I notice you are saying Project Manager but I'm assuming you mean the editor.

If you have the time, try it in a new project or one of the samples. I was surprised when you said starting the PDF opened the dropdowns but I hadn't tested at that point.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp