• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Header (breadcrumbs) in Topics

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a small project from Robohelp 2019 (Classic) to Robohelp 2020.6.76 (modern), and it's developed a duplicate set of breadcrumbs and a graphic that shouldn't be there.

Any thoughts on how to remove the breadcrumbs and graphic? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.54.16 PM.png

TOPICS
Classic , New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

I would say that Peter is right and the top breadcrumbs are from the skin and the second (highlighted) breadcrumbs are in the masterpage in this project.

(There is also a slight chance that the breadcrumbs have been copied into individual topics (a common Classic bug) , but you would be able to see the placeholder if you opened the topic in the RH editor..)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only answer part of your question. In the example above, you do not have a duplicate breadcrumb.  "Introducing Web Services" is listed twice because it is in the book title (part of the breadcrumb) and it is the name of the topic (also part of the breadcrumb).  See your TOC in the left column.  If you look at the breadcrumb for the next topic in the book ("REST Web Services"), you will likely not see the duplication.  Let me know if that helps.

To determine where the graphic is coming from, we would need to know more about how you are generating the output.  For example, I am using the frameless output with a skin.  If I look at the skin's Topic Page, I will see a Breadcrumbs section.  That section gives me the option of including an image as part of the breadcrumb.  I have not used an image as part of the breadcrumb before.  If you are using a similar output, you might look there to see if an image is specified.  On this part, I defer to other members of the community who may have more knowledge about this than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait.  I was looking only in the red box.  Although different than the text that is above it, is this the duplicate and is the text above it the first set of breadcrumbs?  If yes, my apology.  I misunderstood.  I do not know why there would be two, especially if they contain different information for the same page. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. The breadcrumb at the top should be

Home > Elixir REST Web Services > Introducting Web Services > Introducting Web Services

Yeah, the duplicate at the end is weird, but that's the path. The screenshot below is from another project that's working correctly.

The breadcrumbs in the blue text (in my first screenshot above) look exactly like they did in the Classic version. I feel like Robohelp is pulling in some legacy setting or code that's duplicating the breadcrumbs and graphic.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.06.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspecting that you have breadcrumbs in a master page and in the skin.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that Peter is right and the top breadcrumbs are from the skin and the second (highlighted) breadcrumbs are in the masterpage in this project.

(There is also a slight chance that the breadcrumbs have been copied into individual topics (a common Classic bug) , but you would be able to see the placeholder if you opened the topic in the RH editor..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!! You and Peter were spot on!!!

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.54.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp