Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EclipseHelp output in RoboHelp 2020

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Adobe RoboHelp Classic (2019) for quite a long time and now I am trying to get used to RoboHelp 2020.

This may be a silly question (sorry if that is the case), but I am not able to find the EclipseHelp output option in this latest 2020 version.

Is it no longer available?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Bello

TOPICS
Classic , New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eclipse was not an output as such, there was a script that converted webhelp to Eclipse but there are two issues there.

1. The script is not available in 2020.
  2. WebHelp as such is no longer supported. The Frameless and Responsive skins that ship with 2020 can be set up to work in the same way as WebHelp by deselecting the Responsive option in the skins. Then they will not adapt to different window sizes and device screens.

• If Eclipse is your only output, I think you will need to take this up with Customer Support with a view to cancelling your subscription. Hold off on that for a moment while I check whether the script can be brought back.
  • If it is one of a number of outputs, there is only one solution that I can think of and you will have to try it to see how well it works.

From 2020 you would generate a CHM output. Then reverse engineer that into 2019 Classic as described in Reverse Engineering (grainge.org). Your subscription entitles you to download 2019 as well and that has a Classic version. You can have both 2019 New UI and 2020 installed but note 2020 will need to be installed second so that the new version projects open in 2020 when opened from File Explorer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your post again, 2020 will have been installed second unless you uninstalled 2019.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt answer Peter.

I've been asked to uninstall 2019 and use only 2020. The real problem is that I generated this EclipseHelp output at the express request of a client.

Now, seeing that the script is no longer available in this 2020 version, I believe the best option might be to meet with this client and discuss an alternative output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it depends on the client's response and how important the client is if they will not accept anything else.

From the cost and licence point of view, having 2019 installed alongside will work just fine.

I have asked Adobe about the script but it is very rare to see anyone on these forums with questions about Eclipse, indeed you are the first since the new UI was introduced with 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you ever receive a response from Adobe about the Eclipse Help Generator script?

I've looked at the script here Solved: RoboHelp 8 Eclipse Help Index/Search Problem - Adobe Support Community - 2437362, but it is very out of date.

I have a use case for combining help from many different business units using different technologies: some using RoboHelp, others DITA with Oxygen XML Editor, oe even Word. The dynamic TOC provided by Eclipse InfoCenter is compelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See your Private Messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp