Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed a Captivate HTML 5 output in WebHelp Pro project

Engaged ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to Insert a Captivate HTML 5 output in a project.

I can choose the option HTML5 in the window when inserting Captivate piece but when choosing the index.html file I end up with a placeholder swf file inserted. Is that normal?

Thank you in advance

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? Are you hosting your output on a server running RHServer? That's what the Pro form is intended for - it's not to be used with non-RHServer instances. Are you looking at the index in the output or are you talking about the HTML in the topic where the Captivate output was inserted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

The version is 2015

We are hosting the output on a server running RH Server. I am inserting the index file in the root folder of the Captivate output.

By the way I checked and it does work when I export from RH to Responsive HTML5.

Just wanted to check if WebHelp Pro can be used with HTML 5 captivate outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick test would be to try it with regular WebHelp too & see what comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and what I can see is only the placeholder with the Captivate playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed, whether you are producing WebHelp or WebHelp Pro, the placeholder SWF is totally normal.

I can't explain exactly why that placeholder is used, but when you insert Captivate HTML 5, the process combines all the assorted Captivate files and folders into a zip format and adds that to RoboHelp. Then when you generate it knows how to unpack that for proper usage on the destination server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, so we're talking about the RH project topic's appearance? I thought the OP was referring to the generated output..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp