Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty topics in WebHelp output

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using RH 2019 Classic version 14.0.14. When I generate the WebHelp output, everything works fine and there are no errors. In Windows Explorer, the output folder contains all the expected files - only sometimes, some of the .htm files are 0 KB, and actually empty. The files concerned change from one generation to another, and so does their number: sometimes there is only one 0 KB .htm, sometimes there are 4, or 5... It all seems random. 

I've tried deleting the .cpd and generating to new, clean folders, to no avail. I could not find a clear process to avoid the issue altogether.  Eventually, at some point, after a lot of going back and forth, one of the generations turns out OK, with all the .htm files at their right size, with their expected content. 

The issue is quite recent, but nothing in the RH projects has changed recently. Apparently, it's not linked to a RH update either.   

Has anyone had the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mystery! Both the RH project and the output are on your local drive? File paths aren't too long? Any conditioning going on? Still happens with other output types?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, everything is on my local drive. I do use conditions, but the files that are empty in the output are never the same, so... It looks like there are no 0 KB files when generating to Responsive HTML5, so maybe that will be my plan B, eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the way it's going - in RH2020 there is no "WebHelp" it's just responsive HTML5 with the responsiveness turn off.
Just as a test, have you tried creating another SSL output for webhelp and seeing if it's something in your layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I haven't. I've had these layouts for years, so it's not clear to me why, all of a sudden, there would be a problem with them when I'm not even changing my version of RH. Also, there are 15 projects, each with several WebHelp outputs, so I guess if I need to change them, I'll go the responsive way 😉  

Still, thanks for the suggestion.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp