• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while merging projects in RH 2020.8.34

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2020 and trying to merge individual projects into one Parent project. Here’s what I have tried so far:

1.  Created a Parent Project with a blank topic titled First_Topic.htm.
  2. Created two child projects with one topic each.
  3. All projects are saved in the same folder.
  4. Applied my CSS & stylesheet to all the topics.
  5. Added references to the two child projects inside the Default TOC in the Parent project using the ‘Insert Child Project’ icon.
  6. Configured the Responsive HTML Output preset with Start Page set to "Training_Resource_Center.htm" (which isn't an actual topic in my content).
  7. Default topic is set to First_Topic.htm, which is the blank topic in the Parent project.
  8. Upon clicking the Generate icon, I received a message: Output generation successful.

However, when I try to view the output, it doesn’t render. I only see a blank HTML page titled Training Resource Center with 4 gray squares rotating. I am able to generate the responsive HTML output for each of the child projects individually and view them, but not when I merge them. Please help.

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The steps you have followed are fine from authoring side for merge help. After generating the parent project, you need to generate the child projcts also.

Follow these steps:

1. Configure Table of contents as you have explained.

2. After this generate the parent project.

3. In parent project output folder, you will find a folder named "mergedProjects" which will contain a folder name same as your child project.

4. Open the child project and generate responsive HTML5 output in this folder inside .../parentoutputfolder/mergedProjects/childprojectfolder

5. After this when you will view the start page file of parent project output, It will show you the full merged help. 

Kindly give this a try and let us know how it goes. Feel free to contact us.

You can also have a look at https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merged_help.htm for more details.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the detailed instructions Surbhi, I merged all the projects successfully.

Have a great weekend!

Shilpa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp