• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excluding topics from RH22 translation process

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm translating content and trying to exlude some of my topics from the translation process. I've read (from Peter Grainge's pages ) that topics can be excluded from the translation process by selecting No in Properties > General > Attributes > Translate but at least for me there is no Attribute section visible there. I can find the translate attribute for content, but that applies only for paragraph or word level, it does not exlude the whole topic from the translate process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

I have heard back from Adobe who have confirmed the check box is how you include/exclude topics for translation. To deal with your points, use the Topic Status field as that shows in the Translation UI.

image.png

What you can do is create new Topic Status values that will tell you whatever you want. Here I have entered "Ready for Review" where the field reads "Add a new status" and clicked +. That adds it to the values below. You can add as many values as you need. Never translate, Not until next maj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm checking with Adobe but meantime I think the checkboxes in the translation UI determine what gets translated. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sad if those checkboxes are the only way to handle this. If it is so, how to differentiate content that:

• is not yet translated but should be translated in the next translation round (translation status "Not translated")
  • is not translated and should not be translated (translation status "Not translated").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not saying that is the correct solution, just a workaround until I have an answer from Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have heard back from Adobe who have confirmed the check box is how you include/exclude topics for translation. To deal with your points, use the Topic Status field as that shows in the Translation UI.

image.png

What you can do is create new Topic Status values that will tell you whatever you want. Here I have entered "Ready for Review" where the field reads "Add a new status" and clicked +. That adds it to the values below. You can add as many values as you need. Never translate, Not until next major release and so on.

image.png

Thus instead of selecting Yes/No as you would for content, you select from as many status values as you want. Thus you have more options than the simple Yes/No.

Whatever you set, then shows in the UI and to my mind that is more useful because of the multiple values.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp