• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Content Search Highlighting Option in RH 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in RH 2017 responsive HTML layout. I successfully tested using the external content search function on an external website. I used three key words as a test. The search using each key word resulted in the website. When I clicked the search result, the new window opened and displayed the expected external web site. My question is:

Is there a way to have the key words used in the search highlighted on the external website, like we see during any other key word search?

First time post, so I hope I was clear enough on my discussion.

Thanks for your time.

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

I'm not an expert, but I don't think this would be possible. The highlighting is enabled by javascript within the help output, and I don't think the javascript can affect external web sites. If you have a web developer handy you can probably confirm with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert, but I don't think this would be possible. The highlighting is enabled by javascript within the help output, and I don't think the javascript can affect external web sites. If you have a web developer handy you can probably confirm with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Amebr won't mind my also chiming in here.

Note that one has to specifically configure the External Content Search with whatever the keywords are that will be found using the search. For example, if perhaps you were linking to a web page (or site) about Kangaroos, the page may make mention of the fact that they are members of the same taxonomic family, Macropodidae along with Wallaroo or Wallaby. But it's doubtful that you would have included Macropodidae, or Wallaroo, or Wallaby as search terms. And as such, even though the search would eventually lead the user to that page, those specific terms would never be found in your help system to lead them to the page. Unless, of course, you specifically added them in somewhere.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both. That was what I was thinking, even with my limited coding knowledge. I just thought I'd take a stab to see if there was some type of coding magic anyone could provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp