Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to generate frameless output

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using the Robohelp 2020.8.34. When I sent for frameless generate. It failed. I checked to log files. It shows errors to load the skin layout. Do you know how to fix this? See the image I have got errors. 

skin.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you previously generated successfully? If yes, has anything changed since the last time you generated (eg. software updates, antivirus, etc)?

Do you get the same problem using one of the sample projects? You should find the sample projects in your Documents/My Robohelp Projects folder. If they aren't there, you can copy a version from the Robohelp installation folder in Program Files. DO NOT try to open the samples from the Program Files location as security features on that folder will prevent it from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generated first time, not successful for sample, responsive, pdf, etc. Only word output works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually it's Word output that doesn't work and the others do. I think this is the first time I've heard of the other way around. 😄

Where are your projects located and what is the output directory? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have one more robohelp file that has no images. That file I am able to generate frameless output. So, does frameless accept any particular image file to give its output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your image it looks like you are working on a project that is either in your Program Files folder or has links to files that are there.

Either are big NO NOs. Projects and assets must be outside Program Files. It's a Windows security thing.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp