• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to Generate Word output (RH 2020)

Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

In RH 2020.6.76, when I try to generate Word output, I get the simple error message:  "Failed to generate [name of TOC]"

I've read a bunch of forum threads, leading me to these troubleshooting efforts:

• Sample project -- output successful
  • Tried removing my CSS -- output fails
  • Tried setting all style mappings to "Use Word default" -- output fails
  • Tried setting Master Page to "none" -- output fails
  • Tried outputting a different TOC to Word -- output fails
  • Tried outputting an older version of this project -- output successful

NOTE:  There's one major difference between my current project and the older version:  when creating my current project, Adobe Tech Support had me create a new project and import all my topics from the older version. (We were troubleshooting an issue with the Online Review feature.)

Here's what I see when right-clicking the output preset:

martinl83372021_0-1641926351525.png

Any advice for me?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Okay, trying again. (And I apologize that I've confused matters by introducing screenshots of my REAL PROJECT.

Going back to the TEST PROJECT that I've sent you, I've undone the deletion. 

Your initial message about the code said to "delete the empty table in lines 59 to 66." That's what's selected in this screenshot: 

martinl83372021_0-1642101993785.png

But if I understand what you're saying now, I should instead delete what's in the red box?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use wetransfer from my personal laptop. But the trouble is getting the RH project out of my work laptop. Security blocks me from emailing the project folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to have to speak to your IT. I guess they have also blocked a USB drive.

You have got projects to me before.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they block USB drives, too.

But you're right, Peter, I have sent you projects before. I remember how, now! I can send it to you as an Adobe Document Cloud link.  I would just need your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Contact page on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

I'm unable to use the contact link on your site. My org's security won't  

I succeeded this time -- didn't realize I had to click on the "MS Exchange" version of my account.

Test project is on its way, separately.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just right-click & copy his e-mail address! How much simpler could that be??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!  I didn't realize that link contained the email address.  If you click it, it opens a web-based Windows email process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is something in the layout of your page.

If you go to source view and delete the empty table in lines 59 to 66 it generates. It's an empty table so I don't understand why it is there. If other topics give this issue, look for the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!!! 

One last question. I've selected the same code in my proper project. The line numbers are slightly different from the Test Project.  I can't tell -- should I include line 66 in the deletion?

martinl83372021_0-1642099008200.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget line numbers. Delete the same text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've made the deletion. But it still won't generate. 

Here's what the code looks like now.  Is the blank Line 56 a problem?  How about the red X ?

martinl83372021_0-1642100471238.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lines 63 to 68 are what you should have deleted. Read the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, trying again. (And I apologize that I've confused matters by introducing screenshots of my REAL PROJECT.

Going back to the TEST PROJECT that I've sent you, I've undone the deletion. 

Your initial message about the code said to "delete the empty table in lines 59 to 66." That's what's selected in this screenshot: 

martinl83372021_0-1642101993785.png

But if I understand what you're saying now, I should instead delete what's in the red box?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!!!

Thank you for sticking it out with me, Peter. I know that was a long haul. I so appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp