FILTERS QUESTION /// I have a merged project (currently 25 projects merged, approx. 1000 topics) using RoboHelp 15, MSIE 11, Windows 7 ENT. I’m using filters. Sometimes the filter works perfectly (search returns only results matching selected filter), but sometimes the search results include topics that do not match the filter (YES! All topics have tags, so only the filtered content should be listed in the search results). AND sometimes when I click a topic in the search results the topic won’t show in the topic pane until I clear the search filters. All the merged child TOCs that don’t match the filter should disappear from the parent TOC nav pane, but only some projects/TOCs disappear. Why does this happen? Is a tag somehow being applied at the text level without showing on the Project Manager? Is this a Master Schema xml issue? Thanks for any insights.
Glad it worked for you. I got the idea by putting in a tag with an obscure name, then using a search tool to see where it appeared in any source or output file. It only appeared in rhbuildtag.apj. Clearly something else was forcing the order.
I then changed added a topic with a previously unused tag and that changed the order. At that point it was late at night so I made the suggestion you followed.
Whilst you have a solution, I think the problem should be reported as a bug. Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.
Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.
See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.