Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and replace looks in topics it has already searched

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2017 on Windows.

When I use the Replace option, with "current project" selected, it works fine as long as I don't interrupt the process. For example, if I click Find, then Replace, then Find then Replace, several times, it works fine. But if I interrupt the process at all, for example, to go and manually change something I've noticed in one of the files, the Find starts again at the beginning.

Is there any way to stop it doing this?

Thanks in advance

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Hi there

I can't really say that I'm surprised by this behavior. I mean, isn't it kind of like looking through all sorts of boxes in your basement for a particular item? Then when you make a change, it's like your partner or child deciding to perhaps rearrange the boxes? How do you know the item you are looking for wasn't discovered by the child and dropped inside a box you already searched?

I think that's what's happening with RoboHelp. Because you are off making modifications, it has no way of k

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I can't really say that I'm surprised by this behavior. I mean, isn't it kind of like looking through all sorts of boxes in your basement for a particular item? Then when you make a change, it's like your partner or child deciding to perhaps rearrange the boxes? How do you know the item you are looking for wasn't discovered by the child and dropped inside a box you already searched?

I think that's what's happening with RoboHelp. Because you are off making modifications, it has no way of knowing that you (or someone) hasn't changed a file so that it now includes the term you are looking for.

I think a general rule of thumb would be that when you perform a find and replace operation, you really need to consider that nothing else should be changed until you complete the find and replace.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp