Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find links coming into a topic

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am using Robohelp 2019 Classic view. I have a topic that is getting too long "Device Maintenance Settings". I created a book and named it "Device Maintenance Settings" I then created topics under this book for each section of the orginal "Device Maintenance Settings" topic. I copied each section over to its new topic page. My next step would be to delete the original "Device Maintenance Settings topic.

I don't know how this will effect my links going out and coming into each new section topic that I created. How can I see which parts of my large Help file are linked into these sections. I'm looking at the  Link View and it shows blue and couple of red lines (broken links I assume). but it's hard to tell if the links are coming in or going out. I checked the book marks but I don't know how to tell what is linking to those.

Bottom line: I need to see if the links coming into my new topics will still link even though they've been moved.

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you took one long topic and busted it up into smaller ones & then tossed the original long topic, you're going to need to repair the broken links. An alternative could be to preserve the original long topic and any links made to it & shorten it and have it act as a landing page with your own mini-TOC of links to the new busted up topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for the idea. I may go that route. Luckily I haven't deleted the original. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you right-click on a topic and select Show > Topic Links, the topic in the centre is the topic you right clicked on.

The topics on the left are the topics that link to that topic.

The topics on the right are the ones that topic is linking to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp