• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding whether styles are used

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on creating a new style sheet for an existing project. I want to clean up our current list of styles and make sure I recreate only the styles we actually use. Is there any way in RoboHelp to see what styles are used in a project? A list of topics where it is used would be great, but even just a yes/no result would be awesome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of anything (although I don't have RH2020 right now to double-check the Reports section for any new reports). It'd be nice if there was.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up question: Is there a way to tell that a style is missing? If I fail to make a style will it be tagged anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as far as I'm aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nearest you can get is as follows.

1. First create a copy of your project. Then if anything goes wrong at any stage, you can revert to that.
  2. In Reports open the Topic List. There you can see which CSS files are in use. Any not shown there can be deleted.
  3. Next look down the list of styles until you reach one that you are unsure about.
  4. Let's say you have found p.authornotes. Open Find and Replace bottom left.
  5. Put the style name in Find. In this case it is a class so just put the "authornotes" part in the search. If the style were say h4 you would put "h4" in.
  6. Expand Settings and select Find in Source View.
  7. Deselect the other Settings as you have a back up.
  8. Make sure "Look In" is set to current project.
  9. Click the magnifying glass to search.

It's a bit laborious but not too bad.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a great solution, thank you! It worked and I found some places we had used styles I thought we weren't using. Not ideal when we had a style named "bullets", but that's on us more than the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp