Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder Link in Topic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In a text Topic, I need to create a link that will open a network folder. The display text could be Open folder. In that folder, the user will be able to select a document to copy on his hard drive.

I do not need the files to be copied in the project, I just need the folder to open so that the contents can be executed or dragged elsewhere.

Can it be done?

Thanks.

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try it this way. Create or select the text or element you want the user to click to open the folder.

Now choose to create a hyperlink.

Navigate to and choose any file in the folder.

Now switch to the HTML view and edit the link so you just remove only the filename part but leaving the rest of the link intact.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I selected my Local file and I could see the File Path in the Link to window.

After I clicked Link, went to the Topic in HTML and found the link.

The thing is, RoboHelp will add the linked document in the Asset folder.

In the code, the link will be >assets/name of document</a>.

Now, how do I modify the path to remove the document name from the link that's saved in the Asset folder?

By the way, after I created the link, the display text, let's say Name of document, was not completely what was displayed in the Topic. After I accepted the link, the link was     Name of document     (it also included the space after of).

In HTML, the code was    >assets/name of </a>document</p>. I moved </a> after the word "document" to include it in the link.

Why did it not take the display text as it was?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp