For my PDF output, can I restart page numbering for each folder (chapter)?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my PDF output, I would like to restart page numbering (with page 1) for each folder (chapter) of the PDF.  It doesn't look like this is possible.  Or am I missing something?

(I am using Master Pages to put a page number in the footer, but I don't see how I could restart the numbering with each folder.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible in any version of RoboHelp. It rather goes against any printed book norm. 

New Users: Default forum names can be changed in your Account Settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen that style numbering in some books, and also A-1, B-1 style numbering. I don't think I've seen a request for this in the Robohelp forums before, though. 

The only way I can think of is to generate to Word, fix the section breaks and page numbering in Word, then output to PDF from there.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp