• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless Hides the TOC via Map ID URL

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2020.8.34. I've been publishing with a map file for years as HTML5 output. Example URL would be: www.abcde.com/index.htm?rhmapno=2

However, we are now going frameless. Using the same content/project - I published as frameless, then clicked on the link (like sample above) and it automatically hides the TOC panel. Does anyone know why? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site, the change is explained there. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, Peter. Just spent 30 minutes on your site and can't find why frameless hides the TOC via mapID URL. Again, the content is exactly the same as before, but it's now frameless instead of html5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh noooo! This is going to be a huge problem for me. All of our html5 content are already linked to path/index.htm?rhmapno=2 and I can't make the app developer change to path/index.htm?rhmapno=2&rhmapfs=false

Oh boy. Why does frameless do this!? 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, that's the way CSH topics are displayed - just the topic content and a link to expose the whole UI/TOC shell. There has been some flip-flopping on how to display CSH topics over the years - there may be some controls to dictate the way you launch & display it (i.e. from a MapID or from a URL pointing directly to the topic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think when you show the developer the difference, they might be able to use a find and replace tool or a regular expression to make the change quite easily.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Peter. The scale is massive - 32 online help systems for 32 applications, overhead cost for vendors to program, submit a user story in an agile world, and deploy in DEV/SIT/CTE/PROD environment, and so on and so forth. Oh mine 😞 😞 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does RoboHelp version 2022 fixes this issue? Thx again, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 calls are the same.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so sad 😞 Why would they hide the TOC for frameless and not html5. So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again:

Generally, that's the way CSH topics are displayed - just the topic content and a link to expose the whole                   UI/TOC shell. There has been some flip-flopping on how to display CSH topics over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your developers might be able to write you a little piece of jquery that detects when the URL contains a map number and removes the frameless-hide class from the left panel. You can't just change the style definition in the skin as the style is used in other places, and for other reasons than just csh calls. You'd add the javscript file as a user asset in the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp