• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless Layouts and CSH in RoboHelp 2017- Mutually Exclusive?

Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be upgrading to RoboHelp 2017 from RoboHelp 2015. The promotional videos show Frameless Layouts, which is the direction I want to go. I currently produce the output in a merged help, tri-pane context. 18 merged projects, over 800 topics hooked up to individual programs - press F1 and get the topic for that screen. If (in RH 2017) I produce frameless layouts like this sample:

Capture.PNG

1. I loose context sensitivity?
  2. The merged TOC books are the Icons at the bottom?
  3. The Search, Index, etc. are still merged across all projects?

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Does "frameless" = Responsive HTML5? If you're creating WebHelp right now, then, yes CSH calls will change if you go to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "frameless" = Responsive HTML5? If you're creating WebHelp right now, then, yes CSH calls will change if you go to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you. Just need to know so I am not surprised.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the TOC book order, it's not so much they are at the bottom, the list goes left to right, down a row and left to right etc. So if you only had four books across the whole merge, there would be just one row.

The image you are showing suggests you are looking at 2017 without the updates applied. You can apply them to the trial if that is what you are using. You will need to select the Indigo layout again by clicking the Gallery button and naming it Indigo2 or suchlike.

You will see a Back button above the rows.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thank you.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp