I'm experiencing a critical issue with the Frameless output. I use RH2019 update 9 (including the hotfix, but also tried without it). The project includes multiple merged projects. When I generate the project and test it offline, it works OK, but as soon as I publish it on a server and access the published site, the following issues occur:
- The search does not return any results for content within merged projects when you initiate search from a topic within a merged proejct. On the home page or a parent project page, the search works correctly.
- Navigation/opening topics: all elements, except the topic body, are loaded with a delay. The more merged projects the longer the delay.
If I open the Chrome console, there are errors for every merged project:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED projectdata.js:1
The script doesn't get the path to the projectdata.js correctly, it looks into an absolute path that doesn't include the domain name: https://mergedProjects/MergedProjectName/projectdata.js
The delay on opening pages is due to these errors. The search probably doesn't work because projectdata cannot be processed properly.
Has anyone published a project based on the Frameless preset with merged projects?
I tried two different projects. Various combinations of output settings. Nothing helps to get rid of these errors. The script doesn't seem to be working properly. Any help would be appreciated.
I have experienced search issues with merged help using frameless skins. I am working with Adobe on those at the moment.
I have been testing with Firefox and the search issues I find with 14.0.9 are that in the top search the suggestions that appear as you type are not offering what I would expect. Then when I press Enter it is listing topics that should not appear.
I haven't encountered delays but the test is small, nor have I encountered the other issues.
I will bring your post to Adobe's attention.
Thank you, Peter. I also contacted Adobe, but no solution or workaround so far. Did you test merged projects in Frameless in a published output? The issues I described above only occur in a published project. When it is opened locally, the search does work, and errors do not happen, and consequently no delay in navigation.
Actually, in the non-published mode, one error also occurs: when opening a topic, the idata1.new.js file cannot be found in the whxdata folder, but this file is never generated. This error at least doesn't break search.
Peter, you mentioned that you experienced search issues using the frameless skins. I found out that the substring search, which was added for frameless skins in an earlier update, makes the search results not full, irrespective of whether the project has merged projects or not. I know that this feature must be activated for all child procts as well when used, but that doesn't help.
Therefore, I had to turn off substring search in frameless-based projects until it's resolved. Something for you and Adobe to check if you haven't already.
Also, it would be useful to know whether the issue nentioned in this thread is going to be fixed in the upcoming update or not.
I learned that you had contacted Adobe and they advised that this is being looked into.
I haven't tried to publish anything as my test is not working locally. As before, I am not getting any of the other issues you mention.