We are currently using RH2019 update 10, with a rather large project (~2300 topics). After initiating a search and clicking on a result, we are getting a huge performance drop... load times being between 200 secs to just crashing the browser (Chrome 79.0.3945.117, IE11).
We have also tested and observed this issue with update 9 of RH2019.
This is only an issue in the Frameless output as we were able to generate a Responsive HTML5 output and had no issues with the search.
This doens't seem to be an issue with lunr doing the search but something within the Robohelp functions that gets executed once a page is loaded with ?rhsearch=something in the url.
Is anyone else experiencing this type of slowness with the new frameless skin?
Are you experiencing the delays with say Firefox and Chrome as well?
Yes we do experience the delays in Firefox and Chrome as well.
We've been doing some testing with Update 11 and we saw an improvement in our smaller test projects but our main project, the one with 2300 topics, is still seeing the same issues.
We have a french and english version of this project, each with ~2300 topics and both have this issue.
I saw some changes had been made to search in Update 11 and thought that included this issue. It is being worked on so hopefully you will see something in the next update.
We're experiencing trouble with the search function in our 100-topics Frameless output, too. And even after updating to RoboHelp 14.0.11. Most times, it's not even searching at all. Typing in a string, getting propositions, hitting the Enter key - and nothing happens at all. URL added "&rhsearch=" and a search string.
Using Chrome 79.0 as well, and tried with Firefox 68.4.1 - no difference.
I did correct my post saying I thought the fix would be in Update 11 and that it is being worked on for Update 12. Try the RoboHelp Reimagined project and search in an output from that. If you encounter the same issue there, then it's not the same issue as is being worked on so post back.
The performance issue that we're experiencing is slightly different in nature than what you had. The performance drop happens after a search has been executed and we click on a result. It's when the selected topic opens that it takes over 200sec/forever.
Our perfomance issue has to most likely be an issue with an internal Robohelp function that gets executed after a search result is clicked rather than the search not working since the page does sometimes eventually load like it's supposed to.
Hi, just wanted to come in and say that this has been solved in update 12. Performance has been improved greatly but we are now waiting on a fix to memory leak in IE11 with both responsive and frameless ( RH-6649 ).