• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Front cover inserted at the end of the PDF

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 2019.0.10  -  the front cover of a PDF is inserted at the start of the document AND also at the end of the document. This was not happening in 2019.0.9.

This is messing with the page numbering if I delete the erroneous page so a quick fix is desirable.

Is anyone else experiencing it?

Thanks

Michelle

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it. It's about the page length rather than spaces. Please I have another question, is there a way to insert a field with the Chapter (Book) title in the header of the topics under that book.

For Example:

Chapter/Book 1: Getting Started 

Topic 1 Header: [Getting Started]

Chapter/Book 2: Managing Account

Topic 1 Header [Managing Account]

I only find fields for the topic title/project title. Appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2019 and to the best of my knowledge, both PDF and Word only add topics without the book structure.

I guess in  Word you could break the document into sections and apply your own headers to each. That would however be a bit of pain and have to be done every time you generate.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I hope this can be done in the future to look more like a document structure without manual editing. Also, adding Chapter numbers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to use sections in Word, you can add a simple reference field to the header of your Word template for RH and you're golden. See my instructions at 
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/adding-automatic-chapter-name-header-footer-word-erwin-timmerman

You cannot do this in the direct PDF output though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erwin - Have you tried that in 2019 New UI where there are no chapters?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it all depends on how the heading styles are used. If each topic has H1, it won't work. But it's quite easy to use the navigation pane in Word to promote or demote a whole bunch of headers at the same time. For instructions on that, see another piece I wrote on Word:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/adding-automatic-chapter-name-header-footer-word-erwin-timmerman/

(in the note under the 5th shortcut)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp