• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate PDF : Java not found on Bigsur

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MacOS bigsur 11.6.2. I am running Generate PDF and it is giving me this error: 

Java not found. See if Java 1.8(64-bit) or higher is installed and JAVA_HOME environment variable is also set.

Java installation could not be verified. See output logs for more details.

Failed to generate AIPdf.

I tried starting Robohelp from Terminal. This is my terminal output:

Last login: Wed May 11 13:21:04 on ttys000

Usage: launchctl setenv <<key> <value>, ...>

mayureshvartak@Mayureshs-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Applications/Adobe\ RoboHelp\ 2020/Adobe\ RoboHelp\ 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ RoboHelp\ 2020 ; exit;

(node:919) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

at /Applications/Adobe RoboHelp 2020/Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/index.js:2:1141820

at /Applications/Adobe RoboHelp 2020/Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/find-java-home/dist/index.js:103:21

at step (/Applications/Adobe RoboHelp 2020/Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/find-java-home/dist/index.js:46:23)

at Object.next (/Applications/Adobe RoboHelp 2020/Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/find-java-home/dist/index.js:27:53)

at fulfilled (/Applications/Adobe RoboHelp 2020/Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/find-java-home/dist/index.js:18:58)

(Use `Adobe RoboHelp 2020 --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)

(node:919) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)

(node:919) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

(node:929) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

(Use `Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Helper (Renderer) --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)

(node:925) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

(Use `Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Helper (Renderer) --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)

Compilation failed.

Compilation complete.

Compilation failed.

Compilation failed.

This is my Java version:

mayureshvartak@Mayureshs-MacBook-Pro /Applications % java -version

java version "1.8.0_333"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_333-b02)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.333-b02, mixed mode)

mayureshvartak@Mayureshs-MacBook-Pro /Applications % 

I have also already done this step:

1. Create/edit the .profile file in the home folder using the command vim ~/.profile
  2. Add this line to the file
    launchctl setenv JAVA_HOME $(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version of Java looks to be correct. I have this version that works.

image.png

See if this helps. Mac Machines

Beyond that unless a Mac user steps in with something, I can't help further as I am a Windows only user. In the absence of anyone else posting, try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Will try support and the email link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the link to Mac Machines didn't help. There is some technical stuff that Adobe provided.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't see any mention of what version of RH2020 you're running - hopefully you're all patched up with the latest [as of May 2022] Patch 7 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp