Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Time for RoboHelp 2020 Takes a Long Time

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2020.746

I started the generate process yesterday morning and it has been running non-stop. I have a "Processing reference [filename]" window that occasionally changes to a different filename so I would think that the process is actually doing something. Does anyone know if there is a log file being created during the generate process that I could use to find out if the Generate process is actually doing something or if I should kill the generate process?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

There should be three parts to the build.

It's likely to be a project problem but first please try the old trick of generating one of the samples that you will find in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects.

Try right clicking the preset for the log file but I think it is only generated when and if the generation gives up the ghost.

Project and generation folders on a local drive?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project had to be moved from my local c:\ drive due to space issues with my c:\ drive. I will see what I can do to free up C:\ drive space, move the project back to the C:\ and see what happens. When I was doing my research prior to posting, I re-read this post in the forums, which made me think I wouldn't have any issues with having the project on a network drive: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/robohelp-project-saved-to-shared-network-drive/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the sample project first. If that is slow, it's indicative of your network being the issue. Whilst projects can be on a network drive, Adobe do qualify that with "depending on the speed of the network".

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp