• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generated Layout does not Display Full Page

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am using Robohelp HTML and version 11.0.0.179. I am new to Robohelp and don't understand most of it. I have finished my project and when my co-worker generates the file, the pages look nice (full pages). But when I generate it, I get pages that end when the text or images are done. We generate it from the same location (on our network). I've even tried generating from my local drive and it still does not work.

Co-workers generated file:

Celia.png

My generated file:

Me.png

She said it had something to do with the unchecking of the "Limit the scope of project styles only to topic contents" in the Optimization section when generating the file, and it's unchecked, but still looks like above.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Do you both have the same updates applied to RoboHelp?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Aside from your file having the grey-ish looking background where the icons are on the right side, I'm not seeing much of a difference.

I'm wondering if perhaps this might have something to do with the zoom settings on the page? Do things change for you if you press and hold the Ctrl key while pressing the zero key? (Ctrl + 0) That action should reset the zoom settings for the page to 100%.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Rick, the only difference I can see is the grey background, which

could be what your co-worker is saying.

What are we both missing?

Do the topics look different? You have only shown the start page.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different zooms, I've even tried different browsers. The problem is we want it to have the white background and to fill the page, my page ends right after the icons.

Another page that looks different is...

Her page:

Celia2.png

My page:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, so it would appear that something is just a fuzz different with the CSS you are using and the CSS your partner is using.

I think in this case the simplest fix would be to ask your partner to send you a copy of the CSS file being used. Then you save their CSS to your folder and replace the one you are currently using.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is, she is going into the exact same file in our shared drive. So, she is opening up the same file that I am. So wouldn't we share the same CSS file as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the setting your co-worker suggested?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are using the same settings (it's the same file). The only difference is which computer we generate it from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious here.

You said the only difference is the computer that the project is generating from.

My question is to ask if the page actually displays differently for all involved?

For example, when your co-worker generates, you see the page as you want and everyone else sees the page as they want.

But if YOU generate, Everyone involved sees your version of the page.

Or is it only you that sees the page in the "erroneous" state?

Is source control involved? Or do you simply take turns opening the project from the network and making changes?

Have you compared RoboHelp versions? Are you and your co-workers all using the exact same version of RoboHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No apologies needed, I appreciate any and all help you can provide 🙂

When my co-worker generates the file, we all see what we want to see. I see it correctly on my computer and on hers. And it's the same when I generate the file on my computer and she opens it, she sees the "ugly" format.

We take turns opening the project.

And we are using the same Robohelp versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore last response.

Copy the project to your local drive and see if it works then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that as well. I get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have both compared the versions of RoboHelp involved? I'm guessing they have to be identical because you are both opening and working with the same project, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We found our answer. I had not updated my version of Robohelp to the latest software, my coworker is using version 11.0.4.291 and I am using version 11.0.0.179. When I updated my software and regenerated the files it worked. I'm sorry for all this trouble and thank you all for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you both have the same updates applied to RoboHelp?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking some more about this, if you are both accessing the same project,

the difference is most likely to be a setting. Start with the one

mentioned, then compare all others.

Also try pressing F5 in case you are looking at a cache issue.

Finally, are you both using the same browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the same browsers, I've tried clearing my cache and even restarting my computer.

We'll have to go through each setting to see what (hopefully something) is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp