• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Topic View to Display Styles Correctly

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post may be related to https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/robohelp-2022-doesn-t-show-topic-css-styles-afte..., but I am adding it in case it helps anyone.  If a moderator determines it's a duplicate, feel free to discard this post.

After I converted some of my RH 2020 projects to RH 2022, I noticed that, in some cases, the system did not apply the css styles to the RH Topic View and did not show the css styles in the Styles list.  In all cases, the output view looked correct.  In my case, I determined that the problem was due to capitalization in the css name.  For the output view, css file name capitalization does not appear to matter.  For the RH Topic View to work correctly, css filename capitalization does matter.  If my css file name is ECIStyleSheet.css (with a capital "I") and a topic's code view lists <link rel="stylesheet" href="../../assets/css/ECiStyleSheet.css" type="text/css" /> (with a lowercase "i" in the css file name), the RH Topic View does not apply the styles to the topic and does not show the styles in the Styles list.  If I change the link to <link rel="stylesheet" href="../../assets/css/ECIStyleSheet.css" type="text/css" />, everything works as expected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah interesting and good pickup. Normally Windows doesn't care about capitalisation. And the same with Windows IIS web servers for the output. But it looks like perhaps the Robohelp editor is case sensitive.

Do note that the different capitalisation would likely cause issues in the output on Apache (Linux/Unix) web servers as by default they are case sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting question is: If the RH editor is case sensitive, does the Broken Links report show that link as broken? I shall try to remember to check tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly no need to remove this. If anything, if you can replicate this, it should be reported as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

I have seen the problem of styles not showing and I only use lowercase filenames for CSS. Poking around suggests there are no rules but many sites nonetheless recommend lower case only.

If testing, try deleting the .rh folder and reopening the project. It's not the same as the old CPD file in Classic versions but it can fix some problems.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I added bug RH-12411.

Amebr, the Broken Links report does not report a broken link if the capitalization of the css file name does not match the capitalization of the css file name referenced on the TOPIC PROPERTIES pane in the STYLE SHEETS field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for checking the report, Tim. I apologise I haven't had a chance, for a number of reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp