• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Imports only a small portion

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using RH2020, but previously used RH2017. I have a master glossary that I want to use for all my documents. RH2020 will only import a small fraction of my glossary (doesn't even make it through letter C). What can I do to import my entire glossary? I've tried adding it to the document on the back end, I've tried starting over, I've tried attaching it in the Output options (I can't even search for it there). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer but I note you say "master glossary" rather than just "glossary". Is there something unusual about your glossary setup in classic? If there is, tell us more.

Otherewise unless someone comes along with an answer, see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

You can change your username to something more friendly and recognisable in your profile. Sometimes that can help with future posts.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a standard .glo file that I created last year to use in all our documentation.  It is not specific to any given document, which is why I referred to it as a "master". It worked just fine in RH2017, but I'm trying to learn RH2020 to see if our whole team should switch. After being frustrated most of the week, I'm about ready to revert to the old version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created in one project and then drop it into others, correct?

Can you share it with me so that I can try? If you can, see the Contact page on my site and email to the address there. No need to use WeTransfer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have created the .glo file and intend to drop it into all DLPs that we post. I have emailed it to you. Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed back to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christine Krueger I have tried repeated time to import the glo file into RoboHelp 2017 but every time it shows the glossary in Project Manager but in the glo pod nothing shows. The file size in the project shows it is not empty.

I have emailed you asking for a new project where you have been able to import that file and show the glossary entries. With that I can attempt the upgrade and if necessary liaise with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to finalize this string, the answer turned out to be that I had a coding error in the file. Opened the .glo file in a text editor, scrolled to the entry that was the last one successfully imported. Looked at the following entry, and discovered that I had inadvertently used an incorrect command, specifically, I had <glossdef> instead of <glossentry> on the "entry" line, but with the correct command of </glossentry> at the end of the line.  Once this was corrected, the entire glossary imported correctly.  The glossary had been manually compiled rather than making entries within RoboHelp, as we created one glossary that can be attached to all our internal documents.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two suggestions to avoid a repeat.

1. Use a quick text tool (I use Macro Expres but there are plenty of freebies out there) to insert the XML with placeholders for Term and Definition.
  2. Create the glo in one project and run a batch file to copy it elsewhere whenever it is edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp