Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary term - Output appearance

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I'm working RH 2020 and using frameless output for all my contents. I use glossary term feature for definitions and I have a query on the output of glossary.

For ex: I have a glossary Batches and I have given the definition and added the glossary term into my content. But in my content I have a keyword as Batch. So when I merge the glossary term with the content, the keyword Batch changes to Batches. So is there any way to make the remain the same even after merging the glossary term to the particular keyword.

Apologize for this huge para. Could someone please help me with this?
I have attached a screenshot for reference purposes.

Thanks in advance,

Avinash S

Avinash0371_0-1649401687242.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

I just tried in test project in Classic and the behaviour is the same (applying a glossary term changes the word to match the glossary term). It doesn't really help, beyond confirming the behaviour hasn't changed, at least. 🙂

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the actual word "Batch" changed in the topic? Or is it just finding "batch" and thinking you want to see "batches" in your glossary search?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Batch" is the word I used in the content and "Batches" is the glossary term. So when I merged the glossary term into the content, the keyword "Batch" changed into "Batches" and this changing results in changing the content too.

So my query here is If I merge a glossary term to a keyword in the content, it will the keyword remains the same or it will be changed accordingly to the glossary term we are merging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure of the concept of "merging" a glossary term - I thought you just defined them and the tool just went around and marked up any "hit" that matched it. I guess you could just go back into your topic and strip out the glossary coding around "Batch". Is your version of RH2020 up to date (Patch 7 as of Apr 2022)? Maybe something in the process has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Its up to date. Merging, In other words applying glossary term to the keyword "Batch". Glossary term is "Batches" and the keyword is "Batch". When I apply the glossary term to the keyword. The keyword in the content is changed automatically from "Batch" to "Batches". I need a solution, which avoids changing the keyword even after applying the glossary term to the keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't the glossary terms the root word - i.e. batch is the glossary term; batches is a variant that could also be tagged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, the glossary term is "Batches" and the varient used in the content is "Batch". So when I tag the glossary term "Batches" to the content varient keyword "Batch". Content keyword is changed from just "Batch" to "Batches". This change is happening after I tag the glossary term to the content keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing what Peter describes here - https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/toc_index_glossary/glossary.htm

I don't use the RH glossary function, so I'm a bit in the dark on how it operates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm following the same functions as Peter instructs. I guess my request is partially void, because glossary term is something user defines and after tagging the term to a keyword, then the keyword changes automatically to the glossary term which the user provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that sounds like you would have a 1:1 correspondence of terms and terms in your topic that you apply the glossary term to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried in test project in Classic and the behaviour is the same (applying a glossary term changes the word to match the glossary term). It doesn't really help, beyond confirming the behaviour hasn't changed, at least. 🙂

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amber,

Thanks for helping me out this time too. I'll request for a new feature.

Thanks,

Avinash S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp