Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google fonts in navigation pane

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2015 | WebHelp

I'm using the following @Import in my CSS to render my topic text in Open Sans. Does anyone know if it's possible to apply a Google font to the left-hand navigation pane? I'd like my TOC, Index, Search, and Glossary to use Opens Sans too and be visible to my readers which may not have Open Sans installed on their PCs.

@Import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,4...);

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

You have to add it to the pane files in the output manually. Yes it is possible if you're up for hacking the output files.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam

I thought so. I'll have to give it a try. Do you think it'll be as easy as just adding the @import CSS to whtdhtml.htm (TOC), whfdhtml.htm (FTS), whidhtml.htm (IDX), and whgdhtml.htm (GLO)?

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's slightly more work than that. I would recommend creating a CSS with the rule in it. Use !important to overwrite existing styling. The TOC et al are styled by the scripts that insert inline styling. And you'll need to overwrite that.

Then you can assign the CSS to the files. But there are more that the whxdhtml ones. You want:

whfbody

whfdhtml

whfform

whgbody

whgdhtml

whgdef

whibody

whidhtml

whiform

whtdhtml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willam, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp