• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging indent for numbered lists in RoboHelp 2017

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hanging indent for numbered lists in my RoboHelp 2017 project do not show in the printed document output in Word. The bulleted lists are okay along with the rest of the printed document and also the Responsive HTML output.

The hanging indent for numbered lists appear correctly in the review pdf that is created in RoboHelp.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jose

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted two threads, the other one being here. First line of numbered list appears indented in wo... - Adobe Support Community - 11988400

In that you say

The first line of the numbered list in my RoboHelp 2017 project appears indented (incorrectly) in the printed document output in Word. The consecutive line numbers that follow have the correct margins.

Otherwise, all content appears correctly as formatted in the Responsive HTML output.

In that thread you say the first line is indented, albeit incorrectly, in Word and here you say the hanging indents do not show. I for one am confused. Which is it?

I will lock the other thread so that people can help here when we know what the problem is. 

Also what exactly do you mean by indented incorrectly? I think you mean the level of indentation but it could mean it should not be indented.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

1. The first issue is the hanging indent for the numbered list, where in the printed word output, the number is inline with the text. The number should be hanging and the text indented. All numbered lists in the HTML output appear with hanging indent.

2. The second issue is the whole first or initial line of the numbered list which appear indented. The rest of the numbered lists from second and following appear correctly as authored in RoboHelp.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a screenshot of the issues would help here. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

printissue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you mapping to a Word template or to a CSS file?

My suspicion is you are mapping to a template. If you are, try using the project CSS instead. The overall appearance may be wrong. Just focus on whether the indentation is as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am mapping to the Project CSS.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put one or two topics into a new project with your CSS and share that. You can change the content if it's confidential as long as it shows the problem.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem and I am reasonably certain I know the cause. The bad news is I don't have a fix.

What I did spot was that the loss of indentation in your list occurs whenever you end the list, add a Result line and then start a new list. Go to the first result in a topic and remove it and make sure the next item is part of the first part (removed the </ol> and <ol> tags. The list is then good to the next Result.

I tried various things but all to no avail. Then I looked at your style sheet. It has an exceptionally high number of styles (over 3,000 lines of code) so I began to suspect some sort of inheritance issue. I then applied a completely different CSS and whilst of course the text looks rubbish because it has the wrong styles, the wrong indentation after a Result paragraph was no longer there.

Depending on your CSS knowledge you either need to fix whatever is causing the inheritance issue or liaise with someone who can. What might be easier is if you can develop a different CSS for print or develop a Word template.

Sorry it is not the answer you want but miracles are off the menu today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This confirms my suspicions as well, thank you for your help. I will try suggestions.

On another note, the blue "Reply" button on your instruction sentence do not work on my Edge browser, fyi. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know what you find.

I don't know why the blue button is not working for you. I am using Edge and no one else has reported the issue with any browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp