• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with index on merged help files

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using merged CHM files for years now, but all of a sudden when I open the master CHM, I can't see index words for my other merged projects.  From the TOC, I am able to open the topics.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If my memory of this is still intact, I believe that in order for the Indexes to properly merge, you need to ensure that all of them are configured as Binary indexes. To check this, open each project and press Ctrl+Shift+Question Mark to display the Project Settings. From the General tab (1) enable the Binary Index check box (2).

tmp1.png

Click OK and recompile all the component CHM files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Rick

I have checked all projects and they are all marked that way.  The merge has been working for years but stopped showing the combined index a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to investigate why until now.

thanks, Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp